If you had told me a few years ago what my life would be like now, I would have laughed at you. I was 17/18 years old when I could only go to school or pursue my hobbies for half a day due to my illness. Some periods were better than others.
I was diagnosed (among other things) with pneumonia, glandular fever, CFS / ME, IBS, Fibromyalgia, Tietze Syndrome, Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), meningitis and Lyme disease and several co-infections. I only got sicker over the years. I had more than 50 complaints. In the end, I slept 20 hours a day and often had to use a wheelchair.
Since 2018, my life has turned 180 degrees. From 10 years of being seriously ill and anxious, to being an independent / entrepreneurial world traveller who lives her life with confidence.
I can only be grateful for that and very proud.
Despite my health problems, I have always managed to retain control over my own life and to improve my quality of life. When doctors could no longer help me, I started researching myself and became an autodidact. Because of this, I know a lot about the human body, (natural) medicine, nutrition, lifestyle, ways of thinking and leading a conscious life.
Due to my perseverance, I managed to follow several study programs, including specialized pedagogy and social sciences with specializations as a youth care and social worker. As a social worker, I practice the teachings of how to make people change, which is part of social sciences. I have also followed studies and courses for: English teacher, health coach, systemic coach (family constellations), breath trainer, Western medicine fundamentals (anatomy, physiology and pathology of the human body), epigenetics, personal leadership and I have attended several conferences and lectures on nutrition, illness and health. As a coach, I find it important to continuously develop myself, both personally and professionally. As a result, I will regularly follow (peer-to-peer) coaching, courses and studies. I will furthermore learn from other people and cultures while traveling. I am currently professionalizing my self-taught knowledge. At the moment I follow the study to become a transformational life coach and I am studying the polyvagal theory.
Other facts about Angela
- Angela has been able to perform her passion for dancing, including shows and competitions, for 18 years.
- Because of her fear of flying, Angela took her first flight (with company) at the age of 25. The next trip, she flew alone!!
- Angela is very creative and musical.
- She does a lot of voluntary work. Both abroad and in the Netherlands for the Lyme Disease Association.
- Angela has worked in several countries as an au pair, language teacher and model.
- Since January 2023, Angela has been working part-time as a chiropractic advisor (among other activities).
- Angela is in a relationship with her Italian soul mate.
- She was very shy as a child and felt different from others.
- Secretly, Angela is a nerd.
- Angela sees her fears as a challenge and tries to overcome them.
- Angela is a versatile woman and therefore has multiple hobbies, interests and activities.